Google Analytics provides a lot of information on your website but it can sometimes be difficult to analyze. Here are some simple warning signs that the performance of your website needs improvement:
1. You’re getting visitors from geographical locations that you’re not targeting (you offer services in Montreal and get visitors from Vancouver
2. You don’t have many returning visitors – it’s good to have new visitors but it’s even better when people return to your website
3. Visitors spend less than 10 seconds on your website, which means that they couldn’t find anything interesting enough to stay more
4. The most visited pages aren’t the most important (visitors don’t go to the pages that describe you and your offering best)
5. Your average page load time is too high – 10 seconds is pretty bad, fewer than 5 is ok, 1 or 2 ideal
If two or more of these happen to you, you may want to try to change your website or your content marketing strategy. The image bellow displays statistics from a real website to illustrate some of the points I made above.
Do you know other warnings that companies should take into account? Feel free to share them in a comment!